Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Do something 2.0 : "Simple"

Today on something different, I want to talk about life, its simplicity or lack thereof.

Back in the University of Nigeria, there was this student politician who was vying for the post of president of the Association of Pharmaceutical Students. It was a juicy position. Everyone wanted to be president. Three candidates, however, made it to the polls.

Although I was no pharmaceutical student, I was there to observe the election procedures and what I saw you will soon see.

Other aspirants had given their speeches, which were, as usual, saturated with promises they might not be able to keep. The third guy, however, surprised us as he came with a different style altogether. Something like this:

" I am Simple

I want to make the system simple

I will make sure I make the academic process simple

Graduation will be simple

No more stress with teachers and all that as my administration will make things simple"

….

As he gave his manifesto, the crowd cheered ‘simple’ to end every line. It was like Obama’s 'change', as I now think of it.

And that was how he won – by keeping his manifesto simple. I finally discovered that his nickname was Simple. What a simple guy!

Whether or not he made things simpler, I cannot say.

Now back to real life. Some persons preach that life is simple; others argue that life is complex with its twists and turns.

Dear reader, “how do you see life?” do u think it is simple, and thus we should lead simple lives? Or better still, could it be made simpler, and how? Or is it complex?

A Chinese quote goes thus:


“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."


Feel free to post your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impossible is nothing

Impossible is nothing
A hand stand for the Lord