Monday, April 15, 2013

The Price of Being Disorganized.


These days I've been working really hard at bringing order to all areas of my life: spiritual, material, financial, academic and even social life.

This became necessary in order to separate responsibility from romance, thus ensuring that my passion is truly productive.

So far, it has been working so very good...until this afternoon.

Getting ready to leave the house, I place my metro card in the pocket of the jacket I was to wear.

I go ahead to secure lunch; for to be happy one needs to be healthy. I am making progress.

I check to see that my wallet is in place. Yes it is. I slide into my shoes and off I go.

My timing is near perfect. I had once quipped to a friend that I am never a minute early, nor a minute late. I love to be just on time.

I have since learned that to be on time is to be five minutes early. I still haven't imbibed that good habit.

Once in the metro, I reach out to the pocket of the jacket I was wearing, and to my amazement, there is no metro card there. It is then I realized that I left it at home, in the other jacket!

I am not happy. I thought I had had everything figured out, only to have to pay an additional $2 to get two tickets for the to and fro journey. $2 I could have invested in a packet of cold orange juice!

I must be better organized next time.

@ikeamadi

p.s. Join me read through the Old Testament. Please click www.ike-amadi.com/la187 for more info. You can also find the program here: www.ike-amadi.com/la/la187

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impossible is nothing

Impossible is nothing
A hand stand for the Lord